Here’s a problem that affects a LOT of people … lack of energy!
A recent survey reported that 43% of people complained about being often tired… that number shot up to 60% after the traumatizing year we all had in 2020.
Stress is definitely a huge energy vampire, but it is not the only thing that is leaving you exhausted and preventing you from having the vibrant and youthful mind and body that you want.
As I continue to share with you about Conscious Living, I thought it would be helpful to list some things you can do to detoxify your life from these energy drainers today.
10 Things Draining Your Energy
1. Not getting enough exercise. Not moving your body can make you want to move even LESS! Making time for exercise can get your blood pumping, improve your endurance, and boost your energy.
2. Eating processed and refined carbs. These might give you a quick shot of energy thanks to the blood sugar rush … but when your body sends out insulin to remove the sugar, it can make your blood sugar level plummet – leaving you tired and drained.
3. Not getting enough quality sleep. I sent an email about sleep a couple of weeks ago, but the bottom line is that your body needs sleep to fully recover and recharge.
4. Food sensitivities. One side effect of eating foods that your body is sensitive to includes fatigue. If you think that you might have sensitivities, it’s worth checking with your doctor. Common culprits include gluten, dairy, corn, soy, and eggs.
5. Eating too LITTLE. Not getting enough fuel (i.e., food) can make you feel tired – and so can eating a poor-quality diet without enough nutrients.
6. Not getting enough protein. Eating protein boosts your metabolism, and scientists believe this may help prevent tiredness.