Here’s a problem that affects a LOT of people … lack of energy!
A recent survey reported that 43% of people complained about being often tired… that number shot up to 60% after the traumatizing year we all had in 2020.
Stress is definitely a huge energy vampire, but it is not the only thing that is leaving you exhausted and preventing you from having the vibrant and youthful mind and body that you want.
As I continue to share with you about Conscious Living, I thought it would be helpful to list some things you can do to detoxify your life from these energy drainers today.
10 Things Draining Your Energy
1. Not getting enough exercise. Not moving your body can make you want to move even LESS! Making time for exercise can get your blood pumping, improve your endurance, and boost your energy.
2. Eating processed and refined carbs. These might give you a quick shot of energy thanks to the blood sugar rush … but when your body sends out insulin to remove the sugar, it can make your blood sugar level plummet – leaving you tired and drained.
3. Not getting enough quality sleep. I sent an email about sleep a couple of weeks ago, but the bottom line is that your body needs sleep to fully recover and recharge.
4. Food sensitivities. One side effect of eating foods that your body is sensitive to includes fatigue. If you think that you might have sensitivities, it’s worth checking with your doctor. Common culprits include gluten, dairy, corn, soy, and eggs.
5. Eating too LITTLE. Not getting enough fuel (i.e., food) can make you feel tired – and so can eating a poor-quality diet without enough nutrients.
6. Not getting enough protein. Eating protein boosts your metabolism, and scientists believe this may help prevent tiredness.
7. Drinking too little water. Being even a little dehydrated can make it harder to stay focused and leave you feeling drained.
8. Energy drinks (including coffee). Like refined carbs, these can send your energy up before crashing back down. Not only that but caffeine can take up to 8 hours to clear your system, making it harder to get a good night of sleep, adding to the energy drain.
9. Stress. I had to repeat this one because feeling constantly stressed can definitely deflate your energy, both mentally and emotionally. Just another reason it’s important to have (and follow!) a plan for managing stress.
10. Being in a negative environment. It’s possible to “catch” the moods of the people around you (multiply that effect if you are an empath), but being aware of it can help lower your susceptibility.
Bottom line … you are a complex human being, with many layers (I explained these layers in my bestselling book "Beyond Mindset").
So we must live holistically in all areas of our lives, we can't just pick and choose the comfortable ones.
Let's say you do yoga but skip meditation, or you focus on fitness but think yoga is a waste of your time, or you do all these things but still drink too much coffee and can't sleep at night tossing and turning with anxiety, or worse, you spend years working on things that don't really matter and life goes by without discovering your true purpose.
It is like having an airplane, just keep it driving around town but never taking off. Kind of a waste, right?
I get it is hard to have to figure out all of this on your own.
Because it is not just about finding balance, it is about harmony. How can we create harmony in all different aspects of our life?
We must shift from understanding that mind, body, and spirit, are all connected to experiencing mind, body, and spirit - That's what Conscious Living can do for you - Tools to help you achieve complete harmony.
As I promised to share all the pieces of the puzzle with you today, you can find the Conscious Living map HERE.
You may be wondering where should I start?
The first step is to figure out your big "why". Why were you given certain talents, gifts, but also your burdens. Everything in life is pushing you to realize who you really are and find your true purpose.
On my next message I will share with you an opportunity to help you get started on your self-discovery journey.
Much love to you!
PS: Which areas of the map you feel are not in harmony? Drop a line and let me know firstname.lastname@example.org